Job Overview: On behalf of our client, a successful Injection Moulding Manufacturer, we are looking to recruit 2x Senior Moulding Setters 15/03/18
The role of Senior Moulding Setter will be to supervise Setters and provide technical support on shift, developing and continually developing injection process condition settings (capable and optimised), technical solutions, ensuring moulding machines, mould tools and ancillary equipment is operating efficiently.
For this role of Senior Moulding Setter, you must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience of setting injection moulding machines and experience with process optimisation, tool trialling, New Product Introduction and validation and be supported with relevant moulding qualifications (IMT/G&A/RJG/PTIC).
This is an excellent & rewarding post for an enthusiastic & loyal individual who wishes to work with like-minded professionals and a company that places their people at the forefront of the company.
Main Job Purpose:
- Deputise for the Group leader and carryout Senior Setter roles and responsibilities
- To support the group leader in the most effective way to allow delivery of the production plan efficiently
- Ensure the company procedures, documentation, practices and operating disciplines are understood and adhered to at all times
- Multi-skill activities, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic fault finding and basic tasks
- To manage and maintain, where required all process information and documentation to support the efficient operation of moulding machines and part quality. Review SPC results data and graphs and escalate concerns to the appropriate people or implement corrective actions and read product drawings
- To contribute and facilitate technical solutions to ensure departmental adherence to KPI’s for Efficiency, Cost, Quality, Health & Safety, Scrap and lead/ contribute positively to deliver corrective actions effectively and within agreed timescales
- To carryout process and product release and contribute effectively when actions are required for non-adherence to resolve or establish and authorise control measures and deviation
- Support 5s activities and up keep of standards set in the department and contribute to the weekly communication line meeting
- To promote effective communications between all shifts and at a technical level
- To support the training and development needs of the shift personnel in line with the current job scope and succession planning
- To positively contribute towards and promote company Production Systems implementation and adherence
- Observe the guidelines outlined in ‘My Commitment To Quality’
- Predominantly plans, manages and monitors activity on a scale of Daily, weekly, Monthly
- Carry out process release and complete all production and quality documentation and SynCos system
- Internal Contacts - employees up to Department Managers as defined in the standing instruction book, across all functions within the company
- External Contacts - customer and supplier to Supervisory Level
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Must have injection process experience including materials. (Essential)
- Must have experience of injection mould tooling. (Essential)
- Must have mechanical aptitude. (Essential)
- Must be computer literate (Essential)
- Demonstrate a positive can-do attitude. (Essential)
- Demonstrate the ability to work on own initiative. (Essential)
- Experience of injection mould tool design and maintenance. (Desirable)
- Experience of 6 Sigma/ lean tools & techniques (Desirable)
- H.N.C. or equivalent in Mechanical or Production Engineering (Desirable)
- At least 2 years supervisory experience in a similar high volume high quality manufacturing environment (Essential)
- Relevant people management, organisational and technical skills gained in a similar position (Essential).
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, i.e. salary, location, job roles.